Instant Pot Bhapa Doi is a sweet Indian warm flan-like dessert made in the pressure cooker, with just two ingredients. When cooled, it is like Cheesecake.
What is Bhapa Doi?
- Bhapa Doi is a steamed yogurt pudding, originating from the West Bengal region of Indian.
- It is typically cooked in a stove top pressure cooker, Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker.
- There are only two or three ingredients for the basic Instant Pot Bhapa Doi.
- Instant Pot Bhapa Doi ranges from mildy sweet to very sweet, depending on the proportions of the ingredients and any add ins used.
- Bhapa Doi is sometimes referred to as “Indian Cheesecake.”
What are the Main ingredients for Bhapa Doi?
- Instant Pot Greek Yogurt/Yogurt Cheese – Basically the Instant Pot Yogurt is strained until it is very thick and becomes yogurt cheese.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Often times, cardamom, pistachios and other flavorings are used.
- It can be flavored with saffron, cardamom, Almond extract, vanilla etc. It can also be given a fruity flavor by adding any fruit reductions.
What is the Texture of Instant Pot Bhapa Doi?
- The Instant Pot Bhapa Doi will have a similar to a flan when warm.
- After being chilled for several hours, Instant Pot Bhapa Doi will become firm and dense.
- Instant Pot Bhapa Doi is like a two ingredient Indian cheesecake.
How does Instant Pot Bhapa Doi taste?
- This is a light and tasty cheesecake like Dessert.
- It’s very creamy somewhat like Italian Dessert Pannacotta.
- It is so luscious and so delightful that you savor the taste and texture long after it’s all gone.
- This Steamed Yogurt Pudding is smooth, silky and simply melts in our mouth.