Creamy Pesto Pasta with mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes made in less than 30 minutes in the Instant Pot.
This recipe requires a handful of ingredients and make restaurant style pasta in no time!
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil 22 ml
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped
- 8 oz white mushrooms sliced thick
- 1.5 cups water 12 oz
- 8 oz farfalle pasta around 4 cups farfalle pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes or to taste
- 1/3 cup +2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 4 oz
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- Press the saute button on the instant pot, then press adjust to set saute to “less”. Once it displays hot, add the olive oil and then the garlic and mushrooms.
Saute for 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Then add water, scrape bottom of the pot with a spatula to make sure there’s nothing stuck at the bottom. Most likely there’s will be nothing stuck since we sauteed on low.
Add salt, black pepper, chili flakes and stir.
- Then add the pasta, press it with a spatula so that it’s slightly wet.
PS: you may need to add additional 1/2 cup water if you have a 8qt or your IP gives frequent BURN message.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes with the pressure valve in the sealing position.
Let the pressure release naturally for 4 minutes and then do a quick pressure release by manually moving the valve from the sealing to venting position.
- Open the lid and press saute again and use the adjust button to set saute to “less”. Add pesto followed by heavy cream and mix well.
- Then add sun dried tomatoes, toss everything and let the pasta simmer 2 minutes on saute.
- Serve creamy pesto pasta warm with a crusty bread. You may garnish the pasta with some fresh parmesan cheese before serving.
- Boil pasta according to the instructions on the package and set aside. Heat a large pan on medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and then add garlic and mushrooms to it. Cook for around 5 minutes until mushrooms release all their moisture and start turning golden brown in color. Then add the salt, pepper, red chili flakes, pesto and cream and mix everything together and let it heat up for 1 minute. Then add the boiled pasta, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and mix well. Let it all heat up for 2 minutes and then serve warm.