Instant Pot Mushroom Soup for cold winter evenings. Comfortingly thick and tasty with an Indian twist!
Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup is rich, creamy and loaded with mushroom flavor. It is perfectly cooked in the pressure cooker in a fraction of the time.
Making soups in the pressure cooker is convenient, quick and very easy. Some of our most popular once are Cheesy Potato Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, and Cheeseburger Soup.
Pressure Cooker Cream of Mushroom Soup is the ultimate comfort food. This is our go-to soup when we crave something creamy and very flavorful. Made with cream, then mixed with mushrooms and cornstarch, this dish is guaranteed to impress everyone.
HOW IS THIS INSTANT POT MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE DIFFERENT
This is an easy cream of mushroom soup and it is made with some pretty basic ingredients like onions, garlic, coarse black pepper, butter, broth, bouillon, flour and half and half cream. However, what’s the point of posting another mushroom soup recipe, similar to a thousand others floating around the web, you might ask. So, in a bid to jazz up an ordinary recipe and to keep true to the theme of my blog (Indian food), I added one extra ingredient: curry powder!
Yes, curry powder makes this soup quite special, believe it or not. It gives it lots of extra flavor and a pleasing golden color.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
This is a vegetarian mushroom soup recipe, but if you are on a vegan diet, you can make this soup vegan very easily by swapping out just two ingredients. Omit the butter and use vegan butter or just plain cooking oil, and switch the half and half cream with coconut cream. The latter will only enhance the taste of the soup and give it a mild coconut taste and flavor. Not a bad deal at all.
THIS CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP IS
- a one-pot soup
- an easy and quick way of making homemade cream of mushroom soup.
- what you get is a creamy and smooth soupcomforting in any season.
- purely vegetarianas chicken stock is not used in this recipe. you can use veg stock instead of water if you have vegetable stock ready.
- the roux is made with whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. both of them help in thickening in the soup and you can use the one which you prefer.
IS CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP GLUTEN FREE
Cream of mushroom soup is not gluten free as wheat flour is used to make the roux. that said, a gluten free cream of mushroom soup can be made by substituting potato starch, tapioca starch or corn starch.
These starches aid in thickening the soup and also giving it a creamy consistency. in my cream of mushroom recipe, you can easily substitute any of these gluten free flours that i have mentioned above. the taste will slightly change when using tapioca starch and potato starch.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MUSHROOM SOUP
- you can serve a side of any sandwich or toast – any kind of stuffed or open toast sandwiches can be made.
- crostini or bruschetta also pair well.
- a pasta or spaghetti dish can also be served.
- a side salad of mix vegetables or cherry tomatoes or potatoes can be made.
- a rice-based dish like a pilaf or a side of bread can also be served.