This refreshing Mango Arugula Salad is just the perfect summer salad.
Tossed with a balsamic dressing, it is also vegan and gluten-free.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 60 ml
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra-virgin, 30 ml
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, 15 ml
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 5 oz arugula
- 2 medium mangoes ripe and cut into cubes
- 1/2-3/4 cup pecans toasted and then chopped
- Place 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar in a pan on medium heat. Simmer around 5 to 6 minutes until it thickens and reduces in half to around 2 tablespoons.
It should be thick and coat the back of a spoon.
- Transfer this to a bowl or measuring jar. Add olive oil, maple syrup, garlic powder, black pepper and salt to taste. Mix everything and set aside.
- Meanwhile place 1/2 cup pecans (or 3/4 cup if you like more nuts) in a pan on medium heat. Roast for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring often (else nuts will burn) until browned and toasted.
Then chop the pecans into bite size pieces.
- To a large bowl, add arugula, chopped mangoes, toasted pecans. Drizzle the dressing and mix.
Serve the mango arugula salad immediately. You can also add some goat cheese on top before serving.
- You can use honey in place of maple syrup.
- Be careful with the balsamic vinegar, it shouldn’t clump up. Stir often and boil only until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Vitamin A: 1961
IUVitamin C: 43mg