A good fried rice recipe is dinner gold, do you agree? Just because of the fact that it can be easily whipped up at home with little culinary expertise. To be exact, it’s the shortcut to a super fancy dinner that’s also easily customizable and budget friendly.
Fortunately, you can cook up a delicious fried rice with ingredients from your pantry. In today’s recipe, the humble canned tuna is teaming up with vibrant veggies and Asian style sauces to create an amazing dinner for your family. Starting with perfectly cooked rice, here are all the details to fully customize your favorite fried rice recipe.
HOW TO MAKE TUNA FRIED RICE
- 2 cups rice, rinsed (long grain, basmati or jasmine rice) (or 4 cups cooked and cooled rice)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup vegetables (chopped carrots, frozen green peas and whites of spring onions or scallions)
- 425 g canned tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce (optional)
- Chopped spring onions (or scallions), to garnish
- Chopped green chilies, to garnish
- Cook rice according to packet directions. (Place rice in a large saucepan, and cover with water. Place pan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan with a lid, and cook rice until tender). Drain. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add eggs. Cook, stirring gently, until the egg is slightly undercooked (or cooked to your preference). Remove from pan. Set aside.
- To the same pan, add bacon. Stir fry for a minute or until browned. Add onions, and stir fry, for 1-2 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add chopped vegetables. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until tender.Add drained tuna, soy sauce and sweet soy sauce (if using). Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and scrambled eggs. Stir to combine. Heat through.
- Garnish with spring onions (scallions) and green chilies if you like.
– Substitute regular tuna with chili tuna if you like